If you want to attract good quality tenants, it pays to do everything possible to make your property more attractive to potential tenants.
Letting agents are in a good position to know what makes a property stand out from the crowd, which is why one agent from
******Whoops! Looks like this is an old post that isn’t relevant any more :/ ******
******Visit the blog home page for the most up to date news. ******
Nottingham has developed an interior design service to help landlords market their properties more effectively.
What are her Top Tips? • Cleanliness and tidiness inside is very important, but don’t neglect the outside as this is often the first place a potential tenant sees.
• Nasty smells can be seriously off-putting – ban smoking in your properties unless you want to redecorate and replace carpets each time a tenant moves out.
• Spend money to make money – it won’t cost a lot to paint rooms and replace worn out carpets.
• Include white goods as standard – most tenants expect to have a washing machine and a fridge included as an absolute minimum.
• Have a decent shower installed.
• If the property has no parking, make sure you can advise on a reliable parking space nearby.
• Include a floor plan for properties advertised online – it helps would-be tenants get a better sense of the property’s layout.
• Try and conduct property viewings yourself so you can build trust and rapport.
It’s the little things that count and if you are willing to go the extra mile, your efforts will be rewarded and you will find more tenants coming your way.